Now Hiring-Parking Garage Attendant
Casper Downtown Development Authority
Downtown Parking Garage Attendant
Classification: Guest Services Agent (part time)
30 Hours per week
This is an hourly position with no benefits.
Attends designated parking area or a booth at a pay-for-parking entrance/exit during established lot hours. Directs drivers of vehicles to appropriate parking areas. Collects parking fees and provides information to visitors. Provides daily cleaning and maintenance of grounds, including snow removal of lots and/or assigned areas downtown. Monitors and/or patrols lots to check for required permits and to ensure cars are parked in designated spaces. This position reports to the Parking Garage Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Regulates parking and traffic in assigned lot restricting unauthorized vehicles and providing entry to authorized vehicles.
- Collects parking fees from customer based on charges for amount of time parked or standard lot fee; issues receipts upon customer request.
- Enters transactions on cash register or other approved means and balances cash with register tape according to an established procedure.
- Completes reports or forms required by department.
- Counts parked vehicles and holds required spaces for reservations; places sign in view when lot is full.
- Provides directions, parking alternatives and information upon request to customers and visitors.
- Prepares temporary permits as required for customer.
- Notifies Parking Services via two-way radio or telephone of need for Parking Enforcement Officer or of other problems such as mechanical failure and vehicle tampering.
- Watches assigned lot for suspicious activity and reports such to main office and public safety unit.
- Checks permits to verify authorization and assist in identification of stolen permits.
- Daily cleaning of lots and grounds to provide for a pleasant customer experience.
- Operation of ATV for snow removal services on grounds or assigned areas downtown
- Operation of gas powered “sweeper” to clean surface parking areas.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general parking practices and procedures.
- Skill in basic math.
- Skill in courteous communication with public.
- Skill in accurate exchange of coins and currency.
- Skill in following verbal and written instructions.
Physical demands/work environment:
- Periods of sitting and occasional lifting (50lbs or less) is typical for this position.
- Periods of work outside in the elements: cleaning, snow removal, lot patrol/inspection.
Six months’ parking lot operations or related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
The Casper DDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer